Searching up recipes online has been part of my habit everyday, I search recipes from appetizers to desserts.
But one thing I found challenging is making Filipino Style Orange Chicken.
I know it’s a hassle to make these but it’s all worth it at the end 🙂
I used Panlasang Pinoy ‘s recipe.
How to Cook Orange Chicken Filipino Style
Recipe type: Chicken Recipes
- 1 kilo chicken fillets, slice into cubes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pc egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp. fine salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- cooking oil for frying
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅛ cup corn starch diluted in ⅛ cup water
- ⅛ cup vinegar
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup spring onions, chopped
- orange colored food coloring (optional)
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix to combine well. Put some flour in a plastic bag or a plastic container.
- Dip and coat the cubed chicken breast with beaten eggs and put in the plastic bag containing the flour.
- Put a few pieces first just enough to shake and coat the chicken with the flour.
- Do this by batches until all the chicken are coated and place in a plate or tray.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep frying pan just enough to deep fry the chicken.
- Put the coated chicken fillet in the frying pan and fry until golden brown. Drain in paper towels and set aside.
- To make the orange chicken sauce: in a small pan, pour water, soy sauce, vinegar, food coloring and orange juice.
- Bring the mixture into a boil then add minced garlic and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Then add the brown sugar and simmer until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the spring onion and cornstarch slurry. Mix well and simmer until the sauce is thick.
- Combine the chicken with the orange sauce and mix well until all the chicken is evenly coated.
- Simmer until the chicken have absorbed the sauce and becomes very thick.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or as rice toppings.
But instead of orange juice, I used ketchup and sugar 😂😂😂
Have a great weekend!!